I tried this recipe twice and it turned out amazing both times. Such a comfort food. I couldn’t stop eating! Made it for the bf so he could take it to his potluck and he told me it disappeared within a few mins! Make sure you add plenty of salt and black pepper so the potatoes aren’t underseasoned.
- 4 potatoes, preferably russet (I tried both red potatoes and russet)
- 1 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup milk (I use lactate skim but 2% is probably creamier)
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tbsp. butter for buttering the pan
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Mix all the liquids in a big bowl and mix with garlic
3. Season with plenty of salt and pepper
4. Cut the potatoes into little chunks and lay on the oven-safe pan