I tried this recipe after seeing it on the Pioneer Woman’s website. The first time I made it was with sharp cheddar (bad bad choice) because I didn’t have velveeta. The second time I used velveeta cheese. It was delicious but the dish overall was a little too cheesy for me and I wasn’t able to finish the entire pan-ful of casserole that was leftover.
- 3 pounds of broccoli (but this is for 12 servings) – cut into florets
- 2 pounds of velveeta cheese
- 3 sleeves of ritz crackers crushed in a ziploc bag
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Half and half or milk
- Preheat oven 350 F.
- Bring water to a boil and boil the broccoli until soft
- Melt the velveeta cheese with half and half, continuously stirring
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add broccoli to the smooth cheese and coat evenly
- Add 3/4 of the crushed crackers to the mix
- Spread out into casserole pan and sprinkle the top with leftover cracker
- Heat in the oven for 20 mins.